Mother of Border Agent Murdered by Illegal Aliens : ‘I Will Not Rest Until These Worthless Pieces of S**t Are Dead’


by Brian Hayes | Top Right News

A mother who watched her Border Patrol agent son gunned down in front of her, his wife and his children at the hands of two illegal aliens has vowed not to rest until his ‘worthless piece of s**t’ killers are dead.’

Marie Vega was on a family fishing trip with her husband Javier, son Javier Jr., his wife Paola and their three kids when they were ambushed by two armed Mexican illegal aliens.

Javier Jr and his father bravely tried to fight them off, but the off-duty border agent was fatally shot in the chest and Javier Sr was shot in the hip.

After she had to witness the agony of her own son’s murder, Vega then had to find out that the two illegal aliens had been previously deported SIX times between them.


Above: Javier Vega Jr’s wife Paola (left), mother Marie (center) and father Javier (right),
stand over his casket as he was buried with full military honors on Thursday (AP)

Mexican aliens Gustavo Tijernia, 30 and Ismael Hernandez, 40 fled the scene and were arrested hours later after a massive man hunt.

The ruthless killing kept the focus on Barack Obama’s disastrous open borders polices, including the uncontrolled flood of hundrds of thousands of illegal alien children, gang members and violent criminals over the past 10 months since Obama virtually eliminated immigration enforcement in the United States.

Americans are outraged by the border chaos, and deeply concerned going into the midterm elections. According to Gallup, illegal immigration ranks as the top concern for most voters, supplanting the economy and health care as the most important issue.

And they blame Obama. The president is polling way underwater at 31-68% on his handling of immigration, and this savage killing underscores his complete, willful failure to secure the border and enforce the law.

On Tuesday devastated mom Marie Vega posted an emotionally charged message on her Facebook page alongside a picture of her beloved son, according to the Daily Mail

Marie, who works as a photographer, wrote: ‘My sweet sweet baby. I failed you oh sweet child of mine. I was supposed to protect you and keep you safe. I failed to save your life. I wish a million times I had died and not you. You are my life, my heart was ripped out when I lost you. I will not rest until these worthless pieces of s*** are dead.’

Hundreds of law enforcement officers turned out for Javier Vega’s mass, held at St. Francis Xavier Church in La Feria on Thursday. The car lot was packed with State Trooper Vehicles, local police cars and SUV’s from Javier’s colleagues in The Border Patrol.

As his coffin was carried out at the end of the ceremony, officers held up the flags of The Border Patrol, The US Marine Corp and The Stars and Stripes.

Javier was a Border Patrol veteran of six years and had previously served in the U.S. Marine Corp, like his brother Jordy (both brothers pictured below).


On Sunday he travelled to his favorite fishing hole around 20 minutes north of La Feria with his mother, father, wife and three boys Javier Vega III, Jiovanni, and Jarod.

Tijernia and Hernandez pulled up to the secluded spot in a car and tried to rob them at gun point.

When Javier bravely reached for his weapon, they shot him in the chest. TheBlaze reported that his last words were ‘keep shooting, dad’. It is believed Javier Sr then grabbed the gun and shot at the robbers, but was blasted in the hip. He has now been released from hospital.

Willacy County Sheriff Larry Spence told TheBlaze that Marie even picked up an AR-15 rifle and shot at the suspects’ vehicle as the suspects fled.

They eventually crashed their car and took refuge in a neighbor’s house. The home owner alerted Border Patrol officers to their location and scores of agents moved in to arrest them.

They were arraigned on Tuesday and charged with capital murder, attempted capital murder, four counts of aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence.

On Tuesday FoxNews reported both Tijernia, 30 and Hernandez, 40 had been arrested and deported numerous times.

According to court records, Tijerina, who also goes by the name Tijerina-Sandoval, pleaded guilty to entering the U.S. illegally on July 9, 2007. He was given a 30-day sentence with credit for time served and charged a $10 fee.

Three months later, on Oct. 4, he was again found guilty of entering the country illegally and was sentenced to 60 days in jail and $10 fee. In a criminal complaint, he said he entered the U.S.on Sept. 1 and was confronted by border patrol agents near Weslaco, Texas, on Oct. 3. He had waded across the Rio Grande River near Progreso, Mexico, court records show.

A year later, on Oct. 25, 2008, he again entered the U.S by crossing the river. On Nov. 18, 2008, he was given 90 days in jail and another $10 special assessment fee.

On Dec. 15, 2009, Tijerina was indicted by a grand jury on charges of entering the U.S. illegally yet again.

The indictment says he ‘had previously been denied admission, excluded, deported and removed, knowing and unlawfully was present in the United States having been found near Edinburg, Texas.’

Court records say he had not obtained permission from the U.S. attorney general and the secretary of homeland security to reapply for admission into the U.S.

A warrant was issued for his arrest stating he faced up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

He was held without bond on Jan. 26, 2010 and was given nine months in jail and fined $100.

Sources confirmed to Fox News that these cases involved the same Tijerina who is accused of slaying of Javier Vega.

The sources also said Hernandez, the second suspect, has been deported twice for entering the U.S. illegally, according to FoxNews.

The National Border Patrol Council has set up a memorial fund for Javier’s widow and his three children.


Send this to friend