by Gina Cassini | Top Right News
As we reported earlier the shooter of Rep. Steve Scalise (R) and 4 staffers at a Congressional charity baseball practice was James T. Hodgkinson, a self-professed Bernie Sanders supporter who hated President Trump.
But the latest updates on the shooter — who as President Trump just reported, died of his injuries from a shootout with Capitol Police — goes far deeper than we thought.
(1) Hodgkinson didn’t just “like” Bernie on Facebook…he was a Democrat campaign volunteer who WORKED for Sanders in Iowa in 2015-16…
The Washington Post‘s Robert Costa interviewed a man who says that he and Hodgkinson campaigned for Sanders in Iowa:
Charles Orear, 50, a restaurant manager from St. Louis, said in an interview Wednesday that he became friendly with James T. Hodgkinson, whom law enforcement officials identified as the shooter, during their work in Iowa on Sen. Bernie Sanders’s presidential campaign. Orear said Hodgkinson was a passionate progressive and showed no signs of violence or malice toward others.
Here was Hodgkinson pushing his “passionate progressivism” at an Illinois protest:
UPDATE: Sanders has acknowledged that the shooter Hodgkinson did indeed work on his campaign.
UPDATE: For the first time today, CNN FINALLY admits Hodgkinson was anti-Trump! We reported this 5 hours ago!
— CNN (@CNN) June 14, 2017
(2) Hodgkinson posted frequent, virulent anti-Trump hate on Facebook, and belonged to many anti-Trump groups, including one that routinely promotes violence against the president, with photoshop mash-ups showing Trump’s “beheading” or being shot to death.
Two days ago, Hodgkinson posted an angry tweet about President Donald Trump on Facebook.
“I Want to Say Mr. President, for being an ass hole you are Truly the Biggest Ass Hole We Have Ever Had in the Oval Office,” he wrote on Facebook.
Hodgkinson is a member of a number of anti-Republican groups on Facebook, including one called “Terminate the Republican Party.”
▪ “The Road to Hell is Paved with Republicans”
▪ “Donald Trump is not my President”
▪ “Rachel Maddow for President 2020”
▪ “President Bernie Sanders”
▪ “Illinois Berners United to Resist Trump”
▪ “Boycott the Republican Party”
▪ “Expose Republican Fraud”
▪ “Terminate the Republican Party”
James T. Hodgkinson a member of this Facebook group pic.twitter.com/EIzQtPIRW0
— Charlie Spiering (@charliespiering) June 14, 2017
(3) Hodgkinson was a “Hardcore Rachel Maddow Fan”:
He “liked” Maddow on Facebook, and quoted her opinions and shows repeatedly in “letters to the editor” to his local paper, such as:
“One of my favorite TV shows is “The Rachel Maddow Show” on MSNBC. On a recent show she stated that 17 very rich men are supplying the Republican Party with more than 60 percent of their campaign contributions.
These men are trying to buy our country. You know they expect something for all this money. We all know that the rich don’t pay enough taxes.”
(4) Hodgkinson’s brother said he was “distraught over the election” results, and “enraged” over Trump’s presidency, as the New York Times is reporting.
(5) He has been virulently attacking Georgia GOP Congressional candidate Karen Handel, who is facing Democrat Jon Ossoff in a run-off race:
(6) Most disturbingly were the violent actions Hodgkinson committed in a 2006 incident, for which he inexplicably got the charges dropped.
He ripped the hair out of his own daughter’s head, punched another woman in the face and attacked a man with a gun.
From Warner Times:
James T. Hodgkinson was charged with battery and aiding damage to a vehicle in April 2006 in St. Clair County, Illinois, according to court records. The case involved an incident with his daughter, his daughter’s friend and the friend’s boyfriend, court documents obtained by TMZ show.
Police said Hodgkinson was trying to get his daughter to leave the 20-year-old female friend’s house, but things got physical when she refused to leave. He was accused of grabbing her hair and pulling her to the floor. Police said they found hair that had been ripped out of the girl’s head. The daughter tried to flee in a car and police said Hodgkinson reached in, turned off the car and cut her seat belt. He then punched the female friend in the face with a closed fist, police said.
When the friend’s boyfriend tried to intervene, police said Hodgkinson hit him with the wooden stock of a shotgun and then chased him, firing a shot that did not hit anyone.
Pure insanity that he did not go to jail for this.
The media is NOT sharing the full profile of the shooter…SHARE THIS EVERYWHERE to spread the truth!