by Beth Callen | Top Right News
Top Right News reported last month on the surveillance video which clearly showed that the then-Bruce Jenner was culpable in the death of a woman when his Escalade plowed into two different cars:
The footage not only shows Jenner, but a close up of the white Lexus sedan driver, 69-year-old Kim Howe, after Jenner’s black Escalade crashed into her sedan. Jenner knocked Howe into oncoming traffic, where she was killed on impact after colliding with a black Hummer.
— Christoph Schwarz (@CSchwarz17) June 22, 2015
Jenner then also hit a black Prius, owned by 29-year-old Jessica Steindorff, before finally applying his brakes — clear negligence, experts agree.
However on July 10th, police announced that Jenner would likely only be charged with a misdemeanor for “reckless driving”.
Well the backlash was so severe from the public, that the L.A. Sheriff’s department is now referring the case to the D.A. for criminal prosecution, and the charges are much more serious.
According to Variety:
Caitlyn Jenner could be charged with manslaughter following her car accident in Malibu earlier this year that left one dead.
“The case will be submitted to the district attorney next week,” said Lt. Shaun Mathers of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
Detectives have completed their six-month investigation and are set to present evidence to the prosecution that could lead to a misdemeanor manslaughter charge against the “I Am Cait” star.
A misdemeanor manslaughter charge usually carries a one-year county jail sentence.
But it is by no means a done deal:
Because there’s “nothing really egregious” in the case, Det. Richard Curry of the Sheriff’s Dept. said there’s a “50/50” chance that she will be charged.
The family of victim Kim Howe have blasted Jenner after footage was released, and also has been very critical of authorities for treating him with “kid gloves,” when, as they allege, an average citizen would likely have been arrested at the scene, or face serious jail time.